I know, I know. These photos could be much better then they are. But trust me when I tell you that these Paleo Pecan Rolls are utterly delicious they are totally worth a share even though they don’t look very photogenic! 🙂
I have always had this dreamy memory how how much I used to love those amazing Raisin Rolls that the baker in my town used to deliver to my High School around 11am, when we were given a 10 minute intermission to chat, leave our classrooms and have a snack… You can’t imagine how good they were. I can still smell their delicious, warm aroma!
Keeping that memory in mind, I tried to recreate the grain and dairy version of that epic treat, coming up with these delicious Paleo Pecan Rolls, where the mouthwatering smell of cardamom and coconut sugar is as intense as the one that oozes out of their “not so healthy” cousins.
These Paleo Pecan Rolls came out perfectly soft and spongy thanks to the amazing consistency of cassava flour (for this recipe I highly recommend using Otto Cassava Flour as it’s finely ground as opposed to that from Yoki or Amalfil that’s ground more coarsely). And those chunks of nuts and dried apricots inside make them even harder to resist!!
Paleo Pecan Rolls
- 2 cups Cassava Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 pinch Green Stevia
- 1 pinch Cardamom
- 1 cup canned Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Butter (melted)
- 2 free range Yolks
- 3 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 20 Dried Apricots (finely sliced)
- 2 handful Pecan Nuts (crushed)
- 2 tbsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix together flour, coconut sugar, stevia, cardamom and honey.
- Add in the wet ingredients: coconut milk, yolks, coconut butter and vanilla.
- Knead the mixture until well amalgamated.
- Toss in the apricots and pecan and lastly add the cream of tartar and baking powder.
- Knead again until the dough reaches an elastic consistency.
- Divide the dough in 4 pieces, roll them down on a wooden board and create 4 rolls 1 1/2 inch wide and 8 inches long.
- Roll them up, decorate with some more sliced apricots and bak for 35 minutes.
This last photo really says a lot about the awesome texture of these Paleo Pecan Rolls. Now it’s on you! Try them out and let me have your thoughts… and if you happen to take some better pictures, please send them over and I will add them to the post so that we can make these delicious rolls some justice!!