During my takeover of the Auto Immune Paleo Instagram account, a lot of you guys asked me create a recipe for a great AIP Thanksgiving side dish. And what better than a bowl of caramelized root vegetables to replace your traditional potato salad?!
Featuring delicious yam, golden beet and parsnip, this amazing side dish will be a big hit on your Thanksgiving table. Protocol or not, everybody will want to scoop some on the plate next to their turkey… and it’s much healthier than traditional side dishes too!
The secret to this dish lays in the seasoning and the cooking time. The sweetness of coconut aminos enhances the natural candy like flavor of these root vegetables that, when cooked for a long time, start releasing their sugary juice that caramelizes and creates the most delicious sauce!!
Sprinkle it with some fresh pomegranate arils to give it a beautiful, festive look and you’ll have the most impressive dish on the table.
Also, if you are going to somebody else’s house for Thanksgiving, preparing your own AIP side dish is your best bet to make sure your plate is absolutely compliant to the auto immune protocol and you won’t need to ask a million questions about how every dish was made!
AIP Thanksgiving Side Dish
- 3 medium Golden Beetroots
- 1 large Parsnip
- 1 medium Yam
- 1 tbps Red Pal Oil
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- ¼ tsp Hymalaian Salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut Milk
- ½ Pomegranate, seeded
- Preheat the oven to 370 F.
- Grease a glass casserole with red palm oil.
- Peel and dice all the root vegetables, toss them in the casserole and season them with the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well, put a cover on and bake for 1 hour.
- Transfer the root vegetables in a bowl and top them with the pomegranate arils, and your perfect AIP Thanksgiving side dish is ready!!
Enjoy the recipe for this AIP side dish and have an incredible Thanksgiving!
I send you lots of love and can’t wait to hear your feedback about this root veggie dish!!