Not often do I wish to remake a recipe of mine. I always prefer to opt for something new and enjoy the creative process of baking. These AIP Digestive Cookies are a unique exception. I crave them all the time!!!
When I made them for the first time, I was hoping to accomplish an AIP treat that could taste close to the original store bought Digestive. I couldn’t hope my recipe would have come out this well! They are literally addictive!
And the cool thing is these cookies are actually good for who’s on the AIP diet as they are filled with ingredients that are powerful anti- inflammatories, like ginger and turmeric, or great tummy healers like gelatin.
And the cool thing is these cookies are actually good for who’s on the AIP diet as they are filled with ingredients that are powerful anti inflammatories, like ginger and turmeric, or great tummy healers like gelatin.
Not only is gelatin the perfect egg replacer for AIP baking (that does not allow eggs, flax nor chia seeds), it is also one of the main foods recommended to heal leaky gut.
So there you go: you can intake some of the foods that are on the “must eat” list of your AIP guidelines while indulging with some delicious cookies!
And just to be clear, whether you are following the Auto Immune Protocol or not, these cookies are the perfect replacement for the original “not-so-healthy” store bought Digestive cookies and I bet you’ll love them!
Paleo& AIP Digestive Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine flours, gelatin, pomegranate powder and spices in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in the wet ingredients and combine with your hands until you get a compact ball of dough.
- Roll down the dough with a rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick.
- Create circles using a round cookie cutter and decorate them with a stencil creating little flowers (if you don’t have it, you can make them by hand using a toothpick or leave them plain).
- Bake your AIP digestive for 30 minutes.
If you have tried this AIP Digestive recipe (or even if you haven’t 😉 I would love to hear your feedback!
Did you like it?
What other popular cookie would you like to see transformed in its paleo or AIP version?
Let me know in comment below and I will start experimenting with it!!
Lots of love and I will catch you next time!! Ambra