For all the gluten free foodies out there, black bean pasta is a true life savior. As you know from my social media, I am a big fan of bean pasta, from red lentil maccheroni, to chickpea fusilli and black bean spaghetti… And today’s post is all about showing you a quick tip on how to make the perfect sauce for a Black Bean Pasta Salad!
In this fun video, I show you all the different kinds of artisanal bean pasta that I was able to find while walking around the streets of my city, Cremona!
In the last few months in fact, grain free pasta has become a big trend in the Italian organic stores and lots of small, artisanal labs are now packaging their own handmade chickpea tagliatelle and black eyed pea bow ties. Click the link to check out my other delicious recipe for Red Lentil and Green Pea Pasta Tricolore.
BUT NOW, BACK ON TRACK TO MY BLACK BEAN PASTA RECIPE!
When you think about black beans, what is the first thing that comes to mind?
To me it’s for sure guacamole! I immediately start dreaming about those warm black bean bowls loaded with avocado that I like to enjoy at the numerous Mexican food spots whenever I am in California.
Why would black bean spaghetti be any different? This amazing kind of grain free pasta in fact is made with only dried black beans and water!
How to Make the perfect Black Bean Pasta Salad
- For the Pasta
- 150 gr Black Bean Spaghetti
For the Sauce
- 1 ripe Avocado
- Himalayan Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp of fresh Lime or Lemon Juice
- 1/4 of a Red Onion, minced
- 1 sprig of fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 dash of Black Pepper
- 1/4 of a ripe Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Boil pasta in salted water for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the guacamole.
- Peel and mash the avocado in a bowl. Add in all the herbs and spices and mix well.
- Finely chop the onion, remove the seeds and pulp from the tomato, chop it and add them both in the avocado bowl.
- Strain the pasta, place it in a bowl and top it with dollops of guacamole.
- Lastly, garnish your dish with halved cherry tomatoes and a touch of olive oil! Enjoy!
This recipe is so easy and quick to make that I always keep it as a secret weapon whenever I only have a little time to fix a meal.
I hope you guys liked my Black Bean Pasta Salad and that you enjoyed my video.
What legume pasta would you like to try? Are there other kinds of grain free pasta that you would like to see?
Leave a comment below and let me have your feedback!