Indulging while eating clean is my motto, you know it. And these gluten free chocolate vanilla muffins are the perfect example of that philosophy!
With only 5 grams of coconut sugar (I love its delicious caramel taste) and absolutely no dairy, these muffins are the perfect healthy snack!
While most of the times the word “chocolate” is associated with processed candy bars, these gluten free muffins feature the actual real food: 100% dark cacao. Since I always struggle finding good chocolate bars with no added junk, I linked the ingredient list to some pure chocolate bars and chips.
Wait until you taste their incredible flavor when they are melted in the muffins batter!!
As per the texture, I got you covered there as well! Adding corn starch to your gluten free batters keep your muffins fluffy and soft. Just make sure you chose an organic brand! There’s enough GMO corn in the world and we don’t need to put it our muffins!
Gluten Free Chocolate Vanilla Muffins
For the Vanilla Batter:
- 85 gr Organic Corn Starch
- 40 gr Gluten Free Flour Mix (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 12 gr Coconut Oil
- 2 whole Pasture Raised Eggs
- 5 gr Coconut Sugar
- 20 gr Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
For the Chocolate Batter:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the vanilla batter by mixing all the dry ingredients in a bowl (or in a food processor) and adding on all the wet ingredients.
- Divide the batter in two different bowls.
- Add the ingredients for the chocolate batter in one of the bowls and mix well.
- Take a muffin pan and place one scoop of vanilla batter and one scoop of chocolate batter in each mold.
- Decorate your gluten free chocolate vanilla muffins with some more chocolate chips and bake for 25 minutes.
I hope you guys loved this recipe and I am excited to hear your thoughts on it!
And if you happen to be avid gluten free dessert lovers, make sure you check out my EBook “Healthy Italian Desserts Made Simple“, with over 75 recipes free from gluten, sugar and dairy and a complete guide on how to detoxify from sugar!
I send you a big hug and… happy baking!
Photos by Chelsae Anne